We are strong believers in working by the method. Our method – Brand Equity Management Values (BEM Values) – is a marketing method based on years of consulting experience and raw data collection. It aims to systematically grow businesses of any size and type with the use of content, marketing, and technology. We offer free articles, webinars, and lectures in order to motivate businesses and marketers to adopt it.
What are we solving?
Many businesses stop growing, can not enter new markets (especially developed markets), or are loosing market share even though their products are competitive. These are the symptoms of lack of overall competitiveness. Businesses can not compete only with products or with non-competitive content. For businesses to continue growth and remain competitive they must invest in marketing and content strategies with equal dedication as they did in the product based growth. To do so business must develop content, marketing, and related technology skills.
What are our key conclusions
– Businesses will grow and be more competitive if they create added values with content.
– Unique values created by content are most competitive.
– Growth requires long term, holistic, and agile approach.
What type of a business and brand can use it?
– Personal brands
– Technology and other startups
What is a perfect benchmark?
– Strategic, creative, and operational marketing is included in top decisions.
– Continuous agile and test&learn are implemented in all marketing and sales projects.
– Content and marketing is included in product design.
– Full time content and marketing technology production are hired.
– Custom features which create user content are developed.
– Latest martech is implemented.
Value: Positive change Customer accepted.
Hard Value: Value which Customer measures.
Soft Value: Value which Customer does not measure.
Brand: Set of values customer accepted united under a single concept.
Mother Brand: Brand which includes other Brands but does not belong to another brand.
Sub-Brand: Brand which belongs to another brand and compliments it.
Unique Value: Value offered only by one Brand.
Customer: Individual or a team which accepts values.
Competitor: Brand which offers the same Value as another Brand.
Category: Group of Competitors.
Interaction: Point of contact between a Brand and a Customer.
Product: Value which includes transfer of ownership from Brand to Customer.
Content: All Interactions which are not Product.
– Value must be accepted by a customer. Acceptance can also be latent.
– Customers can create Values on their own.
– Companies grow and compete with both Products and Content.
– Soft Values mostly require Content Interactions. Hard Values mostly require Products.
– Every business at some point of growth must start to compete with Content and Soft Values.
– Content can create new Soft Values and can reposition the business without the change of Products.
– Unique Value always wins.
– Hard Unique Value is short term competitive because it is easier to copy (iOS).
– Soft Unique Values are most long term competitive and require highly competitive Content (Nike).
– Businesses can not grow unless they develop Soft Values and Content.
– If a business has multiple products, it must build a brand based on Soft Values (Apple).
– Long term, agile, and holistic approach is the only way to create substantial growth.
– Without the appropriate talent it is not possible to apply the BEM Values strategy.
Strategies or tactics
Soft: Mother Brand consists of Soft Values (Prada).
Nexus: Non-Unique Values are merged to create a Unique Value (iPhone).
Stretch: Add Sub-Brands in new Categories (Snickers Ice Cream).
Focus: Win in a single Category first.
Entry: Use a Sub-Brand to enter a new market, to promote the Mother Brand and other
Reposition: Change a Value to switch to another Category.
Copy: Copy the Value from a Competitor to destroy their uniqueness (Android).
Feed: Use Competitors to position your Values relative to their Values (Wall Mart).
Superficial: If Product does not offer Unique Values, create Content which does.
Loud: In case of no uniqueness in Product and Content, increase Interactions.