If people liking the Kylie photo were a city, they would be the 13th largest city in the world by metropolitan area, just after Cairo.
If they were a country they would be the 66th largest country in the world by 2017 population data, just after Chile.
To reach this kind of influence follow this 5 step process:
1) Create a brand which offers only soft values – preferably positive self-image and catharsis;
2) Create only higher quality photos and videos as content;
3) Publish the content as native on mass media – best is TV;
4) As the brand gains traction on mass media move the attention to fully owned digital media;
5) Create other brands which share the attention and promote each other.
We have followed this system once and reached 1 millions visits per week. It does work. Steps 3 and 5 are the most important. Without mass media brands can not grow and without a portfolio of brands which support each other brands can not increase to such extreme numbers. Kylie Jenner grows because she is part of a Kardashian brand portfolio which also includes Kanye West, for example. Many brands working together is always better than a single brand. Monetization is best via licensing and share ownership in products sold, instead of ads.
|What do French Revolution and Swatch have in common?||Old news! Airbnb, fashion, millennials, capitalism, and teamwork|