Data Valley is an Italian conference dedicated to use of big data by Italian SMBs.
My main impressions are:
– Main goal of SMBs is to collect customer big data.
– The SMBs who will use big data on the strategic level will be more competitive.
– InfoCamere offers open data of 6 million Italian companies and only 300,000 companies are accessing this data.
– One of the main blocks is lack of skills and positions necessary for the transition to more digital and big data based business.
– 25 of the best 100 companies in Padova were analyzed by a third party and only 4 are using big data.
– There were no practical examples and best practices in using big data. Data Valley aims to collect best practices and share them with the audience.
– 4 of 10 Italian CEOs still think that they do not need the internet to succeed in their business.
– 29 % of Italian companies have no access to the internet.
|Company resilience defined||Uber IPO warnings for SMBs|