Stefano Quintarelli is the president of the steering committee of the L’Agenzia per l’Italia Digitale and an Italian representative in EU high expert group for AI. We have been in contact for maybe 15 years and I have seen his career grow from a leading digital investor and manager to someone who is now spearheading a digital transformation of an entire country – Italy.
I interviewed Stefano via Skype and listed the main points below:
– Best way to change Italy is to digitalize its 22,000 public administrations.
– L’Agenzia per l’Italia Digitale has a 3-year plan for public administration digital development. The plan is updated annually.
– The strategy is to switch from vertically integrated applications to an architecture with shared services and infrastructures, reused by all applications.
– General services will be available via APIs to public administrations and companies: payments, data, identity management, invoices.
– Time to market for public and business services will accelerate.
– This plan can enable Italy to leapfrog at the front of the digital development.
– Significant changes should be seen in 2019 and 2020.
– Value for citizens and customers will be enormous.
– The real challenge is the education: digital divide in Italy is not caused by the lack of digital services but by the lack of adoption by users.
|The power of advertising (it is not what you think it is)||Stan Lee created imaginary worlds that changed us|