Squatty Potty is a plastic stool which helps users to poop easier. The company started approx. 2010 and by 2017 it reached 33 MM USD in annual revenue. Their success is based on a combination of YouTube videos, TV shows, and influencers. While they offer a hard value – a solution to constipation which was promoted in educational video and several TV shows, they had substantial growth increase thank to soft value based unicorn videos in 2015.
Key interactions and revenue:
– Started selling,
– 2011: 17 K,
– 2012: Educational YouTube video – few hundred thousand visits at the time,
– 2012: Dr. Oz TV show,
– 2013: Howard Stern TV show,
– 2013: 6 MM,
– 2014: Shark Tank TV show,
– 2015: The Best Poop of Your Life YouTube video – first idea of a unicorn,
– 2015: This Unicorn Changed the Way YouTube video – estimated to 100 MM views,
– 2015: 19 MM,
– 2017: 33 MM.
Squatty Potty grew, in part, thanks to CEO Bobby Edwards’ early experience in digital marketing. Edwards understood that they needed to find the right combination of hard and soft values (health benefits and quirky humor) to make a big leap in growth. Once they discovered it, they were able to use an already established platform and multiply the revenue.
|The 15 minutes of Karl Lagerfeld genius||Death of a Tesla salesman|